Channing Tatum to play Evel Knievel in new biopic
Actor Channing Tatum is to star in and produce a biopic of legendary daredevil stunt rider Evel Knievel.
Los Angeles: Actor Channing Tatum is to star in and produce a biopic of legendary stunt rider Evel Knievel. The 32-year-old is in talks to portray the daredevil stunt rider in a film he would also produce with his Iron Horse Entertainment partner Reid Carolin, who will also write the screenplay, reported Aceshowbiz.
The Social Network producers Mike DeLuca and Dana Brunetti, who have just signed up to work on the Fifty Shades of Grey adaptation, are also on board the project, which is being made for Columbia Pictures. This isn't the first time the stuntman , whose real name was Robert Craig Knievel, has been depicted on film.
George Hamilton starred in 1971 movie Evel Knievel while the daredevil himself - who died in 2007 aged 69 - starred in Viva Knievel! in 1977. Tatum's movie will be basked on Stuart Barker's 2008 book Life of Evel.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)