MP Chief Minister slams Biharis, Lalu hits back
Shivraj Chauhan says Bihari workers not welcome in his state.
New Delhi/Bhopal: Maharashtra Navnirman Seva leader Raj Thackeray, the habitual critic of Biharis, will admire this. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan has picked a line from him.
Chauhan, a senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader, on Friday asked companies in his state to employ locals and "not Biharis".
"We will not allow that factories are opened here and the workers for it come from Bihar. We will not allow anyone to take the livelihood of our young people by giving it to others," said Chauan in Satna on Friday.
After his statement drew criticism, Chauhan said he intend to offend people. Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad Yadav refused his clarification.
"He has used bad words (against Biharis). Chauhan should apologise or we will launch an agitation," said Yadav, a former chief minister of Bihar.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology