Chemist Shops Across India to Remain Closed Today
The chemists are also opposing online pharmacy, which they say, poses a threat to their business.
The AIOCD member said the online pharmacy will also encourage irrational usage of medicines and sale of fake drugs.
New Delhi: Chemists across the country have shut shop on Tuesday in protest against the "stringent" regulations on the sale of medicines.
According to the All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists (AIOCD), their several representations opposing the regulations on the sale of medicines in the country, submitted to the government, went unheeded, following which the one-day strike was called.
"We have been asked to upload all information related to sale of medicines on a portal, which is not possible with the existing infrastructure," said a senior member of AIOCD. The chemists are also opposing online pharmacy, which they say, poses a threat to their business.
"The online pharmacy will also encourage irrational usage of medicines and sale of fake drugs," the AIOCD member said. The chemist body is also likely to hold a demonstration at Jantar Mantar to highlight their concerns.
Recommended For You
- Blind Cricket World Cup: India Beat Pakistan by 2 Wickets to Lift Title
- South Africa vs India: Shardul, Saini Called in as Net Bowlers
- Vodka Diaries Review: The Film Finally Reveals Itself To be a Waste of Time
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- RIP Dolores O'Riordan, A Generation Of 'Zombies' Still Follow You