Chennai: 1 dead, 2 seriously injured in fire
The leading fireman was killed while fighting the fire that broke out in a building at Chepauk around 00.50 hours.
Chennai: A fire fighting personnel was killed and two officials, including a woman, were seriously injured, while fighting a major fire that broke out in an old building in the wee hours in Chennai on Monday.
The leading fireman was killed while fighting the fire that broke out in the building at Chepauk around 00.50 hours, fire and rescue sources said.
Two other officials - a woman Divisional Officer and a Station Manager - were admitted in a private hospital with burns, the sources said.
The fire was put out, they said.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials