Fire in ATC hits flight operations at Chennai airport
There was no report of any casualty but computers and the ceiling in the air traffic control hall was damaged in the fire, sources said.
Chennai: Flight operations were affected after a minor fire broke out in the air traffic control room at Chennai airport in the wee hours on Tuesday. The flames were noticed by the staff at around 2.45 am, official sources said, adding five five tenders were pressed into service and the blaze was doused within 20 minutes.
There was no report of any casualty but computers and the ceiling in the ATC hall was damaged in the fire, sources said.
Operation of at lease six international flights was affected due to the incident, they said. Cause of the fire is under investigation.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index