Fire in ATC hits flight operations at Chennai airport
There was no report of any casualty but computers and the ceiling in the air traffic control hall was damaged in the fire, sources said.
Chennai: Flight operations were affected after a minor fire broke out in the air traffic control room at Chennai airport in the wee hours on Tuesday. The flames were noticed by the staff at around 2.45 am, official sources said, adding five five tenders were pressed into service and the blaze was doused within 20 minutes.
There was no report of any casualty but computers and the ceiling in the ATC hall was damaged in the fire, sources said.
Operation of at lease six international flights was affected due to the incident, they said. Cause of the fire is under investigation.
Recommended For You
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology