Chennai: Anna University to open 17 regional offices
535 engineering colleges, including those in the 5 places where AUTs were created, will now be affiliated to AU.
Chennai: The decision of the government to enforce the merger of all five Anna Universities of Technology (AUTs) with the Anna University in Chennai from August 1 has brought with it a host of changes to the functioning of these institutions. The announcement made on Sunday said that 535 engineering colleges in the State, including those in the five places where the AUTs were created, would now become affiliated colleges of the Anna University in Chennai.
The twelve constituent colleges in Tiruchi, Tirunelveli, Chennai and Madurai would henceforth function as constituent colleges of the Anna University. For the purpose of better administration, zonal offices would be established in Tiruchi, Coimbatore, Madurai and Tirunelveli, which would monitor the functioning of the affiliated as well as the constituent colleges.
The University departments of the AUT in Tiruchi was being converted to a constituent college of the Anna University and students in these departments would continue to study in the above mentioned college. In case of the departments in Chennai AUT, they would be merged with the Anna University where the students would henceforth pursue their studies.
The students of the departments in other three AUTs, on the other hand, would function in the zonal offices that would be established soon in these places. Examinations to all these institutions would be conducted through 17 regional offices by the Anna University, Chennai.
The press release announcing the decision said that through the merger process, the lost glory and tradition of the Anna University was being restored. This would also facilitate students across the colleges to pursue a standardised syllabus.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls