Chennai: Crane collapse at metro rail site kills 1
Expressing grief over the incident, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced a compensation of Rs one lakh for the family of the victim.
Chennai: One labourer was killed and six others were injured when a crane at a Metro Rail construction site in the city collapsed, police said.
According to the police, the site is located opposite Pachayappa's college.
Expressing grief over the incident, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced a compensation of Rs one lakh for the family of the victim and Rs 25,000 each for the six persons injured and undergoing treatment at a nearby hospital.
She also wished the injured a speedy recovery.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights