Chennai: Crane collapse at metro rail site kills 1
Expressing grief over the incident, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced a compensation of Rs one lakh for the family of the victim.
Chennai: One labourer was killed and six others were injured when a crane at a Metro Rail construction site in the city collapsed, police said.
According to the police, the site is located opposite Pachayappa's college.
Expressing grief over the incident, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced a compensation of Rs one lakh for the family of the victim and Rs 25,000 each for the six persons injured and undergoing treatment at a nearby hospital.
She also wished the injured a speedy recovery.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army