'Chennai Express' is as special as 'Om Shanti Om': Deepika Padukone
Deepika plays the role of a Tamil girl. And she reveals it was quite challenging for her to work on the accent.
Mumbai: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who has re-teamed with Deepika Padukone for upcoming 'Chennai Express' after 'Om Shanti Om', says he feels protective about the actress.
"I love the fact that she started her career with us. She is a fantastic actor and has grown with every film. Her last few films have been hit and I am really happy with her success. I feel nice that her work is appreciated," Shah Rukh told reporters here at the first look launch of the film.
"I feel gentle towards her... I feel protective for her. It was special working with her again," he said.
Deepika on her part, says, "I had a wonderful debut with SRK in 'Om Shanti Om'. Before 'Chennai Express', Shah Rukh and I would often say that whenever we do a film together it has to be as special as 'Om Shanti Om'... and 'Chennai Express' has been very special."
In the film, Deepika plays the role of a Tamil girl. And the 27-year-old reveals it was quite challenging for her to work on the accent.
"I have been part of urban romantic-comedy films. First time I am playing Tamil girl, I had to work on the look, accent.. it was quite a challenge," she said.
The film releases this Eid -- August 8.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team