'Chennai Express' is as special as 'Om Shanti Om': Deepika Padukone
Deepika plays the role of a Tamil girl. And she reveals it was quite challenging for her to work on the accent.
Mumbai: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who has re-teamed with Deepika Padukone for upcoming 'Chennai Express' after 'Om Shanti Om', says he feels protective about the actress.
"I love the fact that she started her career with us. She is a fantastic actor and has grown with every film. Her last few films have been hit and I am really happy with her success. I feel nice that her work is appreciated," Shah Rukh told reporters here at the first look launch of the film.
"I feel gentle towards her... I feel protective for her. It was special working with her again," he said.
Deepika on her part, says, "I had a wonderful debut with SRK in 'Om Shanti Om'. Before 'Chennai Express', Shah Rukh and I would often say that whenever we do a film together it has to be as special as 'Om Shanti Om'... and 'Chennai Express' has been very special."
In the film, Deepika plays the role of a Tamil girl. And the 27-year-old reveals it was quite challenging for her to work on the accent.
"I have been part of urban romantic-comedy films. First time I am playing Tamil girl, I had to work on the look, accent.. it was quite a challenge," she said.
The film releases this Eid -- August 8.
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan