'Chennai Express' sets the box-office on fire
Records are meant to be broken, and director Rohit Shetty's 'Chennai Express' is proving exactly the same.
New Delhi: Records are meant to be broken, and director Rohit Shetty's 'Chennai Express' is proving exactly the same. The Shah Rukh Khan-Deepika Padukone starrer has set the box-office on fire and is likely to achieve new milestones at the ticket window.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh has tweeted about the film's business, "#ChennaiExpress collects Rs 28.05 cr nett on Saturday. This Express is Flying High!"
He further tweets, "#ChennaiExpress is on a record-smashing spree. Thu previews 6.75 cr, Fri 33.12 cr, Sat 28.05 cr. Total: 67.92 cr nett. MONSTROUS Weekend!"
Adarsh has also given the film's business break ups, "#ChennaiExpress is a MASSIVE opener in Overseas too. Thu previews $ 1.29 million, Fri $ 2.3 million. Total: Rs 21.4 cr till Friday. SUPERB!"
Adarsh gives a glimpse of the market scenario as well, "#ChennaiExpress is a hurricane at the BO. Sets 3 records in 3 days: 1) Highest paid previews, 2) Highest Day 1 and 3) Highest Day 2."
Territory wise business break up-
Chennai Express- Day 2
Bombay-9.30,(City and Thane-3.8, Guja and Sau-2.95, Mha and NK,Goa-2.55)
Delhi, UP- 5.40
CP - 1.40
Total- 28.05 cr.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)