DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Chennai Express' to be released on August 9
'Chennai Express' will now hit theatres on August 9 to coincide with the festival of Eid.
Mumbai: The release date of Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Chennai Express' has been pushed by a day and the much awaited film will now hit theatres on August 9 to coincide with the festival of Eid.
The Rohit Shetty directed action-comedy also starring Deepika Padukone, was earlier set to hit theatres on August 8.
"We always wanted to come on Eid for 'Chennai Express' and now the festival will be celebrated on 9th, which also happens to be a holiday, so it makes sense to release the film on that day," Gaurav Verma, Director-India Theatrical Distribution Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
'Chennai Express' and 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara' were to release on August 8 but producer Ekta Kapoor postponed the release date of the Akshay Kumar-starrer to August 15, after SRK requested veteran actor Jeetendra to avoid the box office clash.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs