'Chennai Express' to be released on August 9
'Chennai Express' will now hit theatres on August 9 to coincide with the festival of Eid.
Mumbai: The release date of Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Chennai Express' has been pushed by a day and the much awaited film will now hit theatres on August 9 to coincide with the festival of Eid.
The Rohit Shetty directed action-comedy also starring Deepika Padukone, was earlier set to hit theatres on August 8.
"We always wanted to come on Eid for 'Chennai Express' and now the festival will be celebrated on 9th, which also happens to be a holiday, so it makes sense to release the film on that day," Gaurav Verma, Director-India Theatrical Distribution Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
'Chennai Express' and 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara' were to release on August 8 but producer Ekta Kapoor postponed the release date of the Akshay Kumar-starrer to August 15, after SRK requested veteran actor Jeetendra to avoid the box office clash.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- Official Emblem for U-17 Football World Cup Launched
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B