Chennai fuel situation to improve: authorities
Chennai is only being able to meet 60 per cent of the fuel demand.
Chennai: The fuel supply situation is improving. There are no serpentine queues outside petrol pumps and authorities say the situation will be normal by the evening.
Chennai is only being able to meet 60 per cent of the fuel demand. This has lead to a rationing of fuel for the customers.
Petrol pumps across the city have blamed oil companies for the supply crunch. Oil companies say that it will be difficult for them to keep up the supplies if demand continues to grow.
In the beginning of the year, the demand for oil in the country was over 20 per cent. A demand for oil at this rate, without an equal supply, is also likely to hit car sales.
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- FIFA WC Qualifiers: Saudi Arabia, Iran Go Top After Australia Draw With Japan
- Joe Hart Has No Regrets Over Torino Move
- FIFA WC Qualifiers: Neymar's Brazil Thrash Bolivia, Ecuador Stun Chile
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Trump Cites India's Growth Rate to Compare it With US Economy
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate