Chhattisgarh poll: Notification for 2nd phase today
<p>Notification for the second and last phase of Assembly election in Chhattisgarh will be issued on Friday, setting the stage for nomination process.</p>
Notification for the second and last phase of Assembly election in Chhattisgarh will be issued on Friday, setting the stage for nomination process.
The second phase polling, covering 72 seats spread across 19 districts Raipur, Bilaspur, Mahasamund, Dhamtari, Durg, Bilaspur, Bemetara, Mungeli, Kawardha, Raigarh, Jashpur, Balrampur, Surguja, Koriya, Surajpur, Korba, Gariyaband, Balodabazar and Janjgeer Champa will be held on November 19.
"The notification for the second phase will be issued on Friday," Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Kujur told reporters. The last date for filing nominations is November 1 and that of withdrawal November 4, he added. A total of 18,004 polling stations will be set up for the second phase of voting, Kujur said.
The first phase of polling, covering 18 segments in Naxal-hit south Chhattisgarh, will be held on November 11. The State, currently ruled by BJP, has a 90-member House.
The second phase would decide the fate of several senior leaders, including Speaker Dharamlal Kaushik, Ministers Nanki Ram Kanwar, Brijmohan Agrawal, Rajesh Munat, Ramvichar Netam and Hemchand Yadav, State BJP President Ramsewak Paikra, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey of Congress and Renu, wife of former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi.
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals