Chhattisgarh poll: Notification for 2nd phase today
<p>Notification for the second and last phase of Assembly election in Chhattisgarh will be issued on Friday, setting the stage for nomination process.</p>
Notification for the second and last phase of Assembly election in Chhattisgarh will be issued on Friday, setting the stage for nomination process.
The second phase polling, covering 72 seats spread across 19 districts Raipur, Bilaspur, Mahasamund, Dhamtari, Durg, Bilaspur, Bemetara, Mungeli, Kawardha, Raigarh, Jashpur, Balrampur, Surguja, Koriya, Surajpur, Korba, Gariyaband, Balodabazar and Janjgeer Champa will be held on November 19.
"The notification for the second phase will be issued on Friday," Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Kujur told reporters. The last date for filing nominations is November 1 and that of withdrawal November 4, he added. A total of 18,004 polling stations will be set up for the second phase of voting, Kujur said.
The first phase of polling, covering 18 segments in Naxal-hit south Chhattisgarh, will be held on November 11. The State, currently ruled by BJP, has a 90-member House.
The second phase would decide the fate of several senior leaders, including Speaker Dharamlal Kaushik, Ministers Nanki Ram Kanwar, Brijmohan Agrawal, Rajesh Munat, Ramvichar Netam and Hemchand Yadav, State BJP President Ramsewak Paikra, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey of Congress and Renu, wife of former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Surgical Strike: Strong Message Sent to Pakistan on Terror, Says Sonia Gandhi
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts
- We Are Ready For Any Counter-Attack By Pakistan: Prakash Javadekar
- Punjab on Maximum Alert: Villages Close to Pakistan Border Evacuated