DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chidambaram assures probe into Bhushan CD case
The CD will be examined in at least two different labs for separate reports, said Chidambaram.
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday assured a "free, fair and thorough" probe into the alleged fake CD involving eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan, a member of the joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill.
"I have been assured by the Delhi Police that there would be free, fair and thorough probe. The CD will be examined in at least two different labs for separate reports," he told reporters.
The Minister said this was a "season of allegations" and he was glad that there was a growing recognition that reputation was also important.
Bhushan's son Prashant had yesterday claimed in a press conference that the CD, purportedly containing conversations between Bhushan and Samajwadi party leader
Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh, was fabricated to tarnish the reputation of civil society representatives in the joint drafting committee.
"The whole thing is a cut and paste job," he had claimed.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Reacts to Ariana Grande Concert Terror Attack
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017