168 children rescued from train, trafficking agents arrested
The children were being taken from Jaipur to Kolkata to be employed as labourers in factories.
Jaipur: The railway police rescued nearly 168 children from the Ajmer-Sealdah Express on Saturday. The children were being taken from Jaipur to Kolkata to be employed as labourers in factories.
The children are between the ages of 5 and 12 years. The police have also arrested a dozen people, alleged to be agents in child trafficking.
"Following a tip-off, a search was started at railway station here yesterday and 168 children, who were earlier engaged in labourer work in bangle factories near Jaipur rescued," a railway police official said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir, Anushka, Aishwarya Caught Up in a Twisted Love Triangle
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi to Appear in Assam Court Today
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test