168 children rescued from train, trafficking agents arrested
The children were being taken from Jaipur to Kolkata to be employed as labourers in factories.
Jaipur: The railway police rescued nearly 168 children from the Ajmer-Sealdah Express on Saturday. The children were being taken from Jaipur to Kolkata to be employed as labourers in factories.
The children are between the ages of 5 and 12 years. The police have also arrested a dozen people, alleged to be agents in child trafficking.
"Following a tip-off, a search was started at railway station here yesterday and 168 children, who were earlier engaged in labourer work in bangle factories near Jaipur rescued," a railway police official said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw