DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
168 children rescued from train, trafficking agents arrested
The children were being taken from Jaipur to Kolkata to be employed as labourers in factories.
Jaipur: The railway police rescued nearly 168 children from the Ajmer-Sealdah Express on Saturday. The children were being taken from Jaipur to Kolkata to be employed as labourers in factories.
The children are between the ages of 5 and 12 years. The police have also arrested a dozen people, alleged to be agents in child trafficking.
"Following a tip-off, a search was started at railway station here yesterday and 168 children, who were earlier engaged in labourer work in bangle factories near Jaipur rescued," a railway police official said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?