China: Landslide death toll goes up to 43
46 residents were believed to be buried under heap of rock after the landslide engulfed an entire village.
Beijing: The death toll in the landslide which hit a village in Southwest China's Yunnan Province has risen to 43 with the recovery of one more body. Braving snowy weather, rescuers were still searching three residents who went missing in one of the China's worst landslides on Friday, said Liu Jianhua, mayor of Zhaotong City.
Forty six residents - 27 adults and 19 children - were believed to be buried in the heap of rock and mud after the landslide engulfed the entire Gaopo Village in the mountainous region. Two other injured people were sent to a nearby hospital.
Over 1,000 rescue workers were pressed in to look for survivors in the debris of tonnes of mud which enveloped Gaopo Village.
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Turf War
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics