China: Landslide death toll goes up to 43
46 residents were believed to be buried under heap of rock after the landslide engulfed an entire village.
Beijing: The death toll in the landslide which hit a village in Southwest China's Yunnan Province has risen to 43 with the recovery of one more body. Braving snowy weather, rescuers were still searching three residents who went missing in one of the China's worst landslides on Friday, said Liu Jianhua, mayor of Zhaotong City.
Forty six residents - 27 adults and 19 children - were believed to be buried in the heap of rock and mud after the landslide engulfed the entire Gaopo Village in the mountainous region. Two other injured people were sent to a nearby hospital.
Over 1,000 rescue workers were pressed in to look for survivors in the debris of tonnes of mud which enveloped Gaopo Village.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines