More provocations from China post Wen visit
Fresh projects on the river Brahmaputra from the Chinese side comes right after Wen Jiabao's visit to India.
New Delhi: Intelligence agencies have reported 24 new projects along the Brahmaputra river and its tributaries on the Chinese side.
Till over a year ago, there were only over half-a-dozen identified locations along the Chinese side of the Brahmaputra identified by the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).
The development came just days after Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao's visit to the country.
Interestingly, the issue of data sharing on Brahmaputra did get a mention during Jiabiao's visit.
However, in the absence of any agreement on sharing information related to projects on the river, India will have to rely on its own sources regarding the project activities.
While India and China renewed a pact regarding flood-season hydrological data-sharing on the Sutlej river during Wen's visit, there was little exchange of information on the projects on its side of the Brahmaputra.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology