More provocations from China post Wen visit
Fresh projects on the river Brahmaputra from the Chinese side comes right after Wen Jiabao's visit to India.
New Delhi: Intelligence agencies have reported 24 new projects along the Brahmaputra river and its tributaries on the Chinese side.
Till over a year ago, there were only over half-a-dozen identified locations along the Chinese side of the Brahmaputra identified by the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).
The development came just days after Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao's visit to the country.
Interestingly, the issue of data sharing on Brahmaputra did get a mention during Jiabiao's visit.
However, in the absence of any agreement on sharing information related to projects on the river, India will have to rely on its own sources regarding the project activities.
While India and China renewed a pact regarding flood-season hydrological data-sharing on the Sutlej river during Wen's visit, there was little exchange of information on the projects on its side of the Brahmaputra.
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?