DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
China: Man with knife slashes 22 school children
Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said.
Beijing: A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on school children in the country. The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, the Xinhua news agency reported.
Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries. There have been a series of attacks on schools and school children around China in recent years, some by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.
The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child. In 2010, a man slashed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh