China successfully launches telecommunication satellite
The satellite will be used to meet the demands for China's radio and TV broadcasting.
Beijing: China has successfully launched telecommunication satellite "ChinaSat 2A" to boost broadcasting and multimedia transmission.
A Long March-3B carrier rocket sent the satellite into the orbit from the southwestern Xichang Satellite Launch Centre yesterday.
The satellite, developed by China Academy of Space Technology, will be used to meet the demands for China's radio and TV broadcasting and broadband multimedia transmissions, China Satellite Communications Co Ltd said.
The launch marked the 163th mission of the Long March carrier rocket series developed by China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology under China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASTC).
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines