China successfully tests biggest military transport aircraft
The giant aircraft will continue to undergo experiments and more test flights are scheduled, the report said.
Beijing: China has successfully conducted a test flight of its biggest-ever indigenously-made long-range strategic air transport plane, boosting its military prowess. The Yun-20, or Transport-20, is a huge, multi-function air freighter capable of carrying 66 tons of load and can perform various long-distance air transportation tasks targeting cargo and passengers, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The successful maiden flight of Yun-20 on January 26 is significant in promoting China's economic and national defence buildup as well as bettering its emergency handling such as disaster relief and humanitarian aid, it said.
The giant aircraft will continue to undergo experiments and more test flights are scheduled, the report said. The plane adds to the new stealth and carrier-landing fighters said to have been developed by China in recent months.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology