DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
China to become world's largest robot consumer by 2014
Despite the growing sector, the industry warned that a lack of core technology will stall the development of robot manufacturing in China.
Beijing: Demand for industrial robots is predicted to hit 32,000 units in China by 2014, making the manufacturing giant the world's largest robotics consumer. According to the International Federation of Robotics, the sector's technology and production have gained momentum amid higher labour costs and China's efforts to restructure its economic growth pattern and improve energy efficiency.
At the China International Industry Fair, which ended on Saturday, China's robot manufacturers exhibited their models in direct competition with their foreign counterparts. The fair attracted more than 1,800 participants over the five-day exhibition, state-run Xinhua news agency reported. At the event, a Chinese company, SIASUN Robot & Automation Co demonstrated their new models, which are integrated with numerical control machines that can accomplish multi-procedure processes.
The company's self-designed products have been exported to overseas markets including the US, Canada, Russia and India, the report said. Despite the growing sector, the industry warned that a lack of core technology will stall the development of robot manufacturing in China.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835