DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
China's Li Na beats Garbine Muguruza to reach quarter-finals
The 31-year-old will face World No.1 Serena Williams in the quarter-final of the Miami Masters.
Miami: China's Li Na reached the quarter-finals of the Miami Masters by beating Spanish teenager Garbine Muguruza 7-6(6), 6-2. The 31-year-old Li, playing in her first tournament since suffering from an ankle injury in January's Australian Open final, will face World No.1 Serena Williams in the last eight, reports Xinhua.
Williams also struggled in her match Monday, coming from one set down to win 2-6, 6-4, 6-2 against Slovakia's 13th seed Dominika Cibulkova.
Li, the 2011 French Open champion and two-time Australian Open finalist, made 39 unforced errors, including four double faults, and allowed her 19-year-old opponent to battle back to 5-5 in the first set having led 5-1.
Even at 6-1 in the tiebreak Li faltered as 73rd-ranked Muguruza fought back to 6-6. Li was more clinical in the second set breaking Muguruza two times for the victory.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand