China's Li Na beats Garbine Muguruza to reach quarter-finals
The 31-year-old will face World No.1 Serena Williams in the quarter-final of the Miami Masters.
Miami: China's Li Na reached the quarter-finals of the Miami Masters by beating Spanish teenager Garbine Muguruza 7-6(6), 6-2. The 31-year-old Li, playing in her first tournament since suffering from an ankle injury in January's Australian Open final, will face World No.1 Serena Williams in the last eight, reports Xinhua.
Williams also struggled in her match Monday, coming from one set down to win 2-6, 6-4, 6-2 against Slovakia's 13th seed Dominika Cibulkova.
Li, the 2011 French Open champion and two-time Australian Open finalist, made 39 unforced errors, including four double faults, and allowed her 19-year-old opponent to battle back to 5-5 in the first set having led 5-1.
Even at 6-1 in the tiebreak Li faltered as 73rd-ranked Muguruza fought back to 6-6. Li was more clinical in the second set breaking Muguruza two times for the victory.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey