DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
China's Li Na thrashes Sharapova to reach the final
China's Li Na overpowered second-seeded Maria Sharapova 6-2, 6-2 to advance to the Australian Open final.
Melbourne: China's Li Na has overpowered second-seeded Maria Sharapova 6-2, 6-2 to advance to the Australian Open final and a chance to capture her second Grand Slam title.
Li, who won the 2011 French Open and was the losing finalist here to Kim Clijsters the same year, broke Sharapova's service in the fifth and seventh games of the second set on Thursday.
Sharapova had dropped only nine games in five matches en route to the semifinals, a tournament record.
The sixth-seeded Li, who has been working since August with Justine Henin's former coach, Carlos Rodriquez, will play either defending champion Victoria Azarenka or 19-year-old American Sloane Stephens in Saturday night's final.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions