China's Li Na thrashes Sharapova to reach the final
China's Li Na overpowered second-seeded Maria Sharapova 6-2, 6-2 to advance to the Australian Open final.
Melbourne: China's Li Na has overpowered second-seeded Maria Sharapova 6-2, 6-2 to advance to the Australian Open final and a chance to capture her second Grand Slam title.
Li, who won the 2011 French Open and was the losing finalist here to Kim Clijsters the same year, broke Sharapova's service in the fifth and seventh games of the second set on Thursday.
Sharapova had dropped only nine games in five matches en route to the semifinals, a tournament record.
The sixth-seeded Li, who has been working since August with Justine Henin's former coach, Carlos Rodriquez, will play either defending champion Victoria Azarenka or 19-year-old American Sloane Stephens in Saturday night's final.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home
- Hindustan Copper stake sale today, base price is Rs 70 per share
- War over airfare intensifies; will DGCA step in?