Chinese acrobats to preform at Academy Awards
Nine performers from east China's Shandong Province will perform grueling feats, the acrobatic team's coach said.
Beijing: Chinese acrobats will perform at the Academy Awards for the first time on Sunday, hitting the stage in Los Angeles at the Kodak Theater as part of the ceremony.
Nine performers from east China's Shandong Province will perform grueling feats of physical prowess, Zhou Yonghui, the acrobatic team's coach said.
No stage props will be used by the performers, Zhou said, adding that the performers won high honors at the 34th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo in 2010.
Zhou said acrobats from Russia, France, Brazil and Ukraine will also perform during the ceremony.
Chinese acrobatics has been around for more than 2,000 years and puts an emphasis on agility and speed, said Yao Jianguo, head of the Shandong Provincial Acrobatic Troup said.
"It may impress Western audiences, as such art is rarely seen in their countries," Xinhua quopted Yao as saying.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment