DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chinese acrobats to preform at Academy Awards
Nine performers from east China's Shandong Province will perform grueling feats, the acrobatic team's coach said.
Beijing: Chinese acrobats will perform at the Academy Awards for the first time on Sunday, hitting the stage in Los Angeles at the Kodak Theater as part of the ceremony.
Nine performers from east China's Shandong Province will perform grueling feats of physical prowess, Zhou Yonghui, the acrobatic team's coach said.
No stage props will be used by the performers, Zhou said, adding that the performers won high honors at the 34th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo in 2010.
Zhou said acrobats from Russia, France, Brazil and Ukraine will also perform during the ceremony.
Chinese acrobatics has been around for more than 2,000 years and puts an emphasis on agility and speed, said Yao Jianguo, head of the Shandong Provincial Acrobatic Troup said.
"It may impress Western audiences, as such art is rarely seen in their countries," Xinhua quopted Yao as saying.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?