Chinese acrobats to preform at Academy Awards
Nine performers from east China's Shandong Province will perform grueling feats, the acrobatic team's coach said.
Beijing: Chinese acrobats will perform at the Academy Awards for the first time on Sunday, hitting the stage in Los Angeles at the Kodak Theater as part of the ceremony.
Nine performers from east China's Shandong Province will perform grueling feats of physical prowess, Zhou Yonghui, the acrobatic team's coach said.
No stage props will be used by the performers, Zhou said, adding that the performers won high honors at the 34th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo in 2010.
Zhou said acrobats from Russia, France, Brazil and Ukraine will also perform during the ceremony.
Chinese acrobatics has been around for more than 2,000 years and puts an emphasis on agility and speed, said Yao Jianguo, head of the Shandong Provincial Acrobatic Troup said.
"It may impress Western audiences, as such art is rarely seen in their countries," Xinhua quopted Yao as saying.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century