DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chinese navy inducts new stealth frigate
The new type will enhance the navy's capabilities in safeguarding national security.
Beijing: The Chinese navy has inducted a new generation of stealth frigate, a media report said. China's first Type 056 stealth frigate was delivered to the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy (PLA Navy) in Shanghai Monday, Xinhua reported.
The new generation of frigate, which is about to be put into service on a large scale, features good stealth performance and electromagnetic compatibility, according to a report released on Tuesday by the official PLA Daily.
The new frigate requires only one-third of the crew needed by its predecessor, the Type 053, and is expected to be deployed primarily for escort missions and anti-submarine operations, said the report.
The article said the delivery marked the beginning of a systematic upgrade of the navy's equipment and defence.
The new type will enhance the navy's capabilities in safeguarding national security, territorial integrity, marine sovereignty and marine interests, it added.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet