Chinese navy inducts new stealth frigate
The new type will enhance the navy's capabilities in safeguarding national security.
Beijing: The Chinese navy has inducted a new generation of stealth frigate, a media report said. China's first Type 056 stealth frigate was delivered to the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy (PLA Navy) in Shanghai Monday, Xinhua reported.
The new generation of frigate, which is about to be put into service on a large scale, features good stealth performance and electromagnetic compatibility, according to a report released on Tuesday by the official PLA Daily.
The new frigate requires only one-third of the crew needed by its predecessor, the Type 053, and is expected to be deployed primarily for escort missions and anti-submarine operations, said the report.
The article said the delivery marked the beginning of a systematic upgrade of the navy's equipment and defence.
The new type will enhance the navy's capabilities in safeguarding national security, territorial integrity, marine sovereignty and marine interests, it added.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory