DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chinkara case: Salman told to appear in court
Salman was sentenced to one-year imprisonment for killing two chinkaras 1998.
Jodhpur: Bollywood actor Salman Khan on Tuesday was directed by a court in Jodhpur to present himself before it on September 20th in connection with his appeal against his conviction in a poaching case.
Salman was sentenced to one-year imprisonment for killing two chinkaras (gazelles) in Bhawad village near Jodhpur on September 26, 1998. The sentence was handed down by a Jodhpur court on February 17, 2006.
The court had found Salman guilty under Section 51 of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972. After his conviction, he spent three nights in Jodhpur Central Jail before the district and sessions court gave him bail.
Salman filed an appeal against the conviction on March 9, 2006.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users