DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen's son's Mercedes seized
Saradha chief Sudipta Sen and his group director and confidante Debjani Mukherjee are in 14-day police custody for the chit fund scam.
Kolkata: A Mercedes car being used by the son of Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen was seized on Tuesday by police. The car having a Haryana registration number and valued at over Rs 1 crore was seized from where it was parked at Deshopriya Park in south Kolkata, police said.
Sen and his group director and confidante Debjani Mukherjee are in 14-day police custody for the chit fund scam.
Saradhu Group's companies went bust mid-April 2013 and downed shutters across West Bengal after they were unable to repay the lakhs of depositors - mainly poor people from villages and small towns - who had parked their hard-earned money with them lured by the promise of huge 25-30 per cent returns.
Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise