Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen's son's Mercedes seized
Saradha chief Sudipta Sen and his group director and confidante Debjani Mukherjee are in 14-day police custody for the chit fund scam.
Kolkata: A Mercedes car being used by the son of Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen was seized on Tuesday by police. The car having a Haryana registration number and valued at over Rs 1 crore was seized from where it was parked at Deshopriya Park in south Kolkata, police said.
Sen and his group director and confidante Debjani Mukherjee are in 14-day police custody for the chit fund scam.
Saradhu Group's companies went bust mid-April 2013 and downed shutters across West Bengal after they were unable to repay the lakhs of depositors - mainly poor people from villages and small towns - who had parked their hard-earned money with them lured by the promise of huge 25-30 per cent returns.
Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology