Chronology of major fire accidents in India
At least 73 people have died in the major fire that broke out at AMRI Hospital in south Kolkata on Friday.
Kolkata: Following is the chronology of major fire accidents in the country in the last 10 years:
August 6, 2001: 28 mentally ill people were killed in a fire mishap at a private mental asylum in Erwadi in Tamil Nadu.
January 23, 2004: 50 people died and 40 were injured when a fire broke out at a marriage hall in Srirangam in Tamil Nadu.
July 16, 2004: 91 school children were killed in a fire accident at Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu.
September 15, 2005 : 35 people were killed and 50 injured in a fire in three illegal firecracker factories in Khusropur village of Bihar.
April 10, 2006: 64 people died and 80 sustained injuries after a fire engulfed the tent at a crowded consumer trade fair in Meerut.
February 22, 2006: 10 people were killed and 19 injured in a fire in a a fireworks plant in Tamil Nadu.
November 20, 2011: 14 people died and over 30 injured when a fire broke out at a community function of eunuchs in Nandnagari in East Delhi.
December 9, 2011: At least 73 dead in fire at AMRI Hospital in Kolkata.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media