DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chronology of major fire accidents in India
At least 73 people have died in the major fire that broke out at AMRI Hospital in south Kolkata on Friday.
Kolkata: Following is the chronology of major fire accidents in the country in the last 10 years:
August 6, 2001: 28 mentally ill people were killed in a fire mishap at a private mental asylum in Erwadi in Tamil Nadu.
January 23, 2004: 50 people died and 40 were injured when a fire broke out at a marriage hall in Srirangam in Tamil Nadu.
July 16, 2004: 91 school children were killed in a fire accident at Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu.
September 15, 2005 : 35 people were killed and 50 injured in a fire in three illegal firecracker factories in Khusropur village of Bihar.
April 10, 2006: 64 people died and 80 sustained injuries after a fire engulfed the tent at a crowded consumer trade fair in Meerut.
February 22, 2006: 10 people were killed and 19 injured in a fire in a a fireworks plant in Tamil Nadu.
November 20, 2011: 14 people died and over 30 injured when a fire broke out at a community function of eunuchs in Nandnagari in East Delhi.
December 9, 2011: At least 73 dead in fire at AMRI Hospital in Kolkata.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong