Kerala: 1 dead as under-construction church collapses
The mishap occurred when the concreting work of a new structure of the St Augustine Church came crashing down.
Alappuzha: A worker was killed and 10 others were injured as an under construction Church in Kerala's Alappuzha district collapsed on Monday evening. At least 20 workers were present at the construction site when the dome of the church collapsed. Most of them were rescued later but three are still missing from the site. An inquiry has been ordered.
The mishap occurred when the concreting work of a new structure of the St Augustine Church came crashing down, causing injuries to workers on the spot. One worker, suspected to be a migrant labourer from Odisha, died on the way to a private hospital in Kochi, a hospital spokesperson said.
Search and rescue operations are on as some workers were suspected to be trapped in the debris as the concrete roof collapsed with the iron roads jutting out.
A worker, who escaped unhurt, said at the site that the incident happened as the beam of the building first gave in followed by the collapse of the arch being concreted.
State Revenue Minister Adoor Prakash said the district authorities in Alappuzha and Ernakulam have been instructed to rush more fire department and rescue personnel to search for survivors in the rubble.
(With Additional Information From PTI)
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18