CID officer, student commit suicide in Jharkhand
Maitra was handling important investigations as CID DSP. He is survived by his wife and two children.
Ranchi: A senior CID officer and an engineering student committed suicide in the Jharkhand capital on Thursday in two separate incidents, police said.
Chandi Kumar Maitra, 59, a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) posted in criminal investigation department (CID) in Bokaro district committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at his residence in Ranchi. He was scheduled to retire in July 2013.
"Work pressure seems to be the reason behind the suicide. He was under mental stress due to work pressure exerted by his senior officials," a source told IANS.
He was handling important investigations as CID DSP. He is survived by his wife and two children.
In another incident, an engineering student committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan. The student was studying in a college at Deoghar district.
The student had come at his home in Ranchi. According to the police, he was unable to cope with the study pressure.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure