CID officer, student commit suicide in Jharkhand
Maitra was handling important investigations as CID DSP. He is survived by his wife and two children.
Ranchi: A senior CID officer and an engineering student committed suicide in the Jharkhand capital on Thursday in two separate incidents, police said.
Chandi Kumar Maitra, 59, a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) posted in criminal investigation department (CID) in Bokaro district committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at his residence in Ranchi. He was scheduled to retire in July 2013.
"Work pressure seems to be the reason behind the suicide. He was under mental stress due to work pressure exerted by his senior officials," a source told IANS.
He was handling important investigations as CID DSP. He is survived by his wife and two children.
In another incident, an engineering student committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan. The student was studying in a college at Deoghar district.
The student had come at his home in Ranchi. According to the police, he was unable to cope with the study pressure.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan