CID officer, student commit suicide in Jharkhand
Maitra was handling important investigations as CID DSP. He is survived by his wife and two children.
Ranchi: A senior CID officer and an engineering student committed suicide in the Jharkhand capital on Thursday in two separate incidents, police said.
Chandi Kumar Maitra, 59, a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) posted in criminal investigation department (CID) in Bokaro district committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at his residence in Ranchi. He was scheduled to retire in July 2013.
"Work pressure seems to be the reason behind the suicide. He was under mental stress due to work pressure exerted by his senior officials," a source told IANS.
He was handling important investigations as CID DSP. He is survived by his wife and two children.
In another incident, an engineering student committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan. The student was studying in a college at Deoghar district.
The student had come at his home in Ranchi. According to the police, he was unable to cope with the study pressure.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly