Cipla launches HIV/AIDS treatment kit at Rs 158
The kit consists of two tablets packaged together in one strip which represents a single day's treatment.
New Delhi: Drug major Cipla on Tuesday said it has launched 'Qvir', a four-drug kit priced at Rs 158 per kit to be used for treating HIV/AIDS. The kit consists of two tablets packaged together in one strip which represents a single day's treatment, Cipla said in a statement.
Commenting on the introduction Cipla Chairman and Managing Director YK Hamied said: "While we are committed to making drugs affordable and accessible, we also endeavour to have more options for HIV infected patients, which are potent, effective, patient-friendly and easy to take".
As the tablets are packaged together in one strip, the patient does not have to remember which tablet he took, and cannot mistakenly take two of the same tablet, the company said.
Studies of this combination regimen (one tablet having combination of Tenofovir plus Emtricitabine and the other containing a combination of Atazanavir plus Ritonavirhave) have shown that it is effective and well tolerated by over 80 per cent of patients, it added.
Qvir kit is manufactured in Cipla's manufacturing facility in Patalganga, the company said.
Cipla is known for introducing HIV/AIDS treatment at a fraction of the international prices, but also for pioneering the 3-in-1 combinations.
Shares of Cipla on Tuesday settled at Rs 348.95 on the BSE, down 0.29 per cent from their previous close.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Lenovo P2 vs Honor 6X vs Vivo V5 Plus: All You Need to Know
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment