Jiah Khan died due to hanging: Preliminary post-mortem report
The actress was found dead by her mother in her apartment in Juhu, Mumbai on late Monday night.
Mumbai: The preliminary post-mortem report of Bollywood actress Jiah Khan on Tuesday said that she died due to hanging. The Mumbai Police has questioned the 25-year-old actor's friends and will record the statements of her two sisters.
The actress was found dead by her mother in her apartment in Juhu, Mumbai on late Monday night. The police suspected it to be a case of suicide but no suicide note was found from the site.
The police also claimed that there were some marks on Jiah's neck. Her body was taken in an ambulance to Dr RN Cooper Municipal General Hospital in Juhu for post-mortem. Jiah is believed to have hung herself to death.
Jiah shot to fame after her debut opposite Amitabh Bachchan in Ram Gopal Verma's 'Nishabd' in 2007. Jiah appeared in two more Bollywood movies including 'Ghajini' and 'Housefull 2'.
According to the police her maid, watchman and neighbours were interrogated to find out her last visitors. The security guard said, "I don't know what happened, but when the ambulance and the police came here, that's when we found out."
A shocked Bollywood film fraternity expressed their grief on the death of the young actress on Twitter.
Jiah's mother and sister had gone out and she was alone at the house when the incident happened, the police said. "Jiah's mother and sister found her hanging when they returned at around 11.00 pm," police said, adding that Jiah used her own dupatta to hang herself.
The police said they have registered a case of accidental death. The police are yet to record the statement of the actress' mother as she is in shock.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Aditya, Rajat take MP to 239/2 against Mumbai on Day 1
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It