Civic body puts curbs on film shootings in Panaji
Film shootings at public places of Panaji would be allowed only during the weekends and on public holidays.
Panaji: Film shootings at public places of this capital city would be allowed only during the weekends and on public holidays, Mayor Surendra Furtado has said.
"Film shootings at public places would be allowed only on Saturdays/Sundays or during the public holidays," Furtado told reporters last evening.
He said the norm can be relaxed if shooting is in interior roads not used much by the public and that too for a short duration. The Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) has also decided to charge Rs 1 lakh per day for film shootings in the capital of Goa, which is one of the most preferred locations for filmmakers, especially those from Bollywood.
The Mayor's announcement came in the backdrop of the June 25 incident where social activist Oscar Rebello was assaulted by crew members of a Bollywood film unit when he was crossing a road during a shoot here.
The film shooting was immediately cancelled by the civic authorities. Furtado said coordination with the Traffic Police would be mandatory during film shoots.
Also, if any public property is damaged during filming, the entire money would be recovered from the person who applies for the licence of shooting, the Mayor said.
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party drama enters 5th day: Akhilesh-Shivpal feud sparks SP-Congress alliance ahead of UP polls- FirstPost
- Haryana will be first state to implement 7th pay commission recommendations - Pradesh18
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18