Ramadas meets family of woman incapacitated post surgery
Ramadas had said that he will meet and discuss the matter with Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar along with the victim's family.
Bangalore: Karnataka Health Minister SA Ramadas on Saturday met the family of the woman who was left severely incapacitated because of a botched surgery in a Bangalore Hospital. The minister had earlier promised quick action after a CNN-IBN Citizen Journalist campaign exposed the hospital's negligence during the victim's treatment.
Ramadas had said that he will meet and discuss the matter with Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar along with the victim's family. The woman has been lying in a near vegetative state for over three years after she was operated for a prolapsed disc immediately but developed ventricular tachycardia or rapid heartbeat in the recovery phase of anesthesia. Shailaja never recovered after the surgery and has now been vegetating for three years. She can't move, eat or speak to anyone.
Shailaja's husband Muniraju said that he trusted the hospital authorities with the surgery despite the fact that Shailaja never having complained of back pain earlier. After the incident, he filed an FIR with the police that compelled hospital authorities to own up responsibility for his wife's treatment.
But the hospital forcibly discharged her and shifted her to MS Ramaiah Hospital without asking the family for permission. Eventually, MS Ramaiah Hospital asked them to vacate the hospital and Muniraja was forced to bring his wife home.
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released