Claire Williams named Williams F1 deputy team principal
Claire Williams has become the Williams F1 deputy team principal.
Grove: Claire Williams has become the Williams F1 deputy team principal. She will help her father and team founder Frank in the running of the unit. This newly created role will see Claire work alongside Frank Williams to play a pivotal role in the day-to-day running and long term development of the team.
The Grove-based team had planned to announce this new appointment before the start of the 2013 season, but following the death of founder's wife Virginia Williams earlier this month, it was decided by Frank and Claire to delay this announcement to afford the family privacy.
Claire will take up her new position with immediate effect, whilst also retaining her commercial director role leading the marketing, communications and sponsorship functions of the business. Claire will continue to be part of the Board of Directors and will be supported by and work in collaboration with the full Board.
Speaking about Claire's new role, Frank Williams commented; "Over the past decade Claire has worked tirelessly for Williams. Her knowledge of the sport and passion for the team is unquestionable and I'm proud to say that during her time here she has proven herself to be one of our most valuable assets. With Claire being appointed deputy team principal, I know the future of Williams is in extremely safe hands."
- Karan Johar, Badshah to Team Up For a TV Show
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- ISIS Driving Hundreds into Mosul, Using Them as Human Shields
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'