Clamour for coach: One IPL team signs Tom Moody
Chappell, Buchanan and Greg Shipperd too are being wooed to join IPL teams.
Mumbai: Australian Tom Moody has signed up to coach one of the franchises of the money-spinning Indian Premier League (IPL), a senior Indian cricket official said on Friday.
"He has already signed with one team. I know he has signed, but cannot confirm if all the final. Definite agreements have been done," the official said on condition of anonymity.
Media reports say former India coach Greg Chappell, former Australia coach John Buchanan and Victoria's Greg Shipperd are the other coaches being targeted by IPL teams.
Moody, 42, a member of two World Cup-winning Australian teams, coached Sri Lanka for two years before leaving in May last year to take up the reins for Western Australia.
"All the top coaches will be here," the official said. The inaugural edition of the International Cricket Council-sanctioned Twenty20 league gets underway on April 18.
More than 80 international cricketers are expected to feature in a players' 'auction' in Mumbai on February 20 with each franchise allowed a cap of $5 million.
Organisers said in a statement that Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has confirmed his availability for the bidding process.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show