Class 9 Girl Arrested For Sexually Assaulting Junior Inside Delhi School
A Class 9 girl has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a Class 2 student inside the school premises in Delhi's Moti Nagar.
Image for representation only.
New Delhi: In yet another case of child abuse, a Class 9 girl has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a Class 2 student inside the school premises in Delhi's Moti Nagar. The arrested student is not a minor and has failed Class 9 at least two times.
The Class 9 student has been arrested under Sections 328/34 IPC and 6, 10 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
Deependra Pathak, Special Commissioner of Police, told CNN-News 18 that the police received a complaint on Saturday. "The (Class 2) girl complained about the incident to her parents on Saturday. We acted promptly on the complaint. Two girls were found to be involved. While one has been arrested, the other has been detained. We are trying to verify the latter's age," said Pathak.
The child, meanwhile, is undergoing counselling.
Deependra Pathak said the police will soon start separate counselling in schools to make children aware about sexual abuse. "Girls keep quiet about it. The need of the hour is to speak out," said Pathak.
Recommended For You
- Wigan's Colclough Scores Two, Then Rushes to Hospital for Son's Birth
- Virat Kohli's Intent in Tests Is a Sign of Indian Cricket's Evolution
- In Rajkumar Hirani's Films, I Can Spread My Wings and Develop a Character: Boman Irani
- News18.com Announces The Jury Members For Its Annual Tech & Auto Awards
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank