'Classy' thief nips $ 2,300 cognac
Police have surveillance tape of the masked thief and are searching for the apparently classy crook.
Portland: A masked, quick-moving thief smashed a liquor store window early on Monday in suburban Portland and walked off with a bottle of cognac valued at more than $2,300.
"He has good taste," said Lt Mike Rouches a spokesman for the Hillsboro police. "He knew exactly what he was after."
The robber took the $ 2,363.45 bottle of Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac, 11 fine -- but cheaper -- bottles of cognac and 12 packs of menthol cigarettes at about 3:15 am local time on Monday, Rouches said.
"I've not seen a theft like this. Usually they grab whatever they can," Rouches said.
The police arrived quickly and the posh pilferer had already disappeared, another indication that he knew what he was after, Rouches said.
Hillsboro police have surveillance tape of the masked thief and are searching for the apparently classy crook.
The suspect could face charges of second-degree burglary, first-degree burglary and second-degree criminal mischief, Rouches said. (Reporting by Teresa Carson, Editing by Dan Whitcomb and Greg McCune)
Recommended For You
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams - Listen To First Song Of The Movie
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Sonakshi Sinha, Armaan Malik Engage in War of Words Over Actors Taking Over Singers' Domain
- IPL 2017: This is Why Kohli Was Furious After Getting Dismissed