CLB report says Gujarat's unemployment lowest
While India's jobless rate stood at 3.8 per cent during the last fiscal, Gujarat showed lowest rate of one per cent.
Ahmedabad: Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday welcomed Chandigarh Labour Bureau's latest report stating Gujarat has lowest unemployment rate among all states across the country.
"Delighted! Gujarat has the least unemployment rate amongst all the states in the country and the national average," Modi wrote on twitter.
While India's jobless rate stood at 3.8 per cent during the last fiscal, Gujarat showed lowest rate of one per cent, he said.
The report states that Gujarat has a very low unemployment rate among females in urban areas. The bureau is an apex organisation for providing data base at the national level for research and policy formation. Gujarat is celebrating this year as 'Yuva Shakti Varsh' or the 'Year of Youth Power' to commemorate Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary.
In the 2012-2013 budget, the state government has made provisions for vocational sector, including a scheme to train 4.5 lakh youngsters.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology