Clean up All Sports Bodies not Just Cricket: Harish Salve
Renowned lawyer Harish Salve on Monday lauded the Supreme Court’s move to dismiss BJP MP Anurag Thakur as BCCI President and said that it was time all sports bodies in the country should be cleaned up.
Representative Image (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Renowned lawyer Harish Salve on Monday lauded the Supreme Court’s move to dismiss BJP MP Anurag Thakur as BCCI President and said that it was time all sports bodies in the country should be cleaned up.
“The time has come to build an architecture for sports bodies, a structure where right kind of people are involved. a structure like this will improve the situation, sports official found guilty of money laundering should be tried under the prevention of corruption act,” he told CNN News18.
Talking about corruption in cricket, he said, “The Mudgal report (on IPL match fixing allegations) showed the BCCI was brazenly flouting rules.”
Politicians are part of the problem but a small part of the picture, he added.
The SC has stripped Thakur of his powers as BCCI President for not complying with the orders of the apex court with regard to implementation of the Lodha committee reforms. The court also meted out the same treatment to secretary Ajay Shirke.
The apex court gave out the verdict against the duo saying they should "forthwith cease and desist from" the board's work.
Recommended For You
- Is Ranveer Singh The Best Kisser? Here’s What Deepika Padukone Has To Say
- Watch: An Emotional Alia Bhatt Holds Back her Tears at Best Friend Kripa Mehta's Wedding
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- Prateik Babbar is Engaged to Sanya Sagar, See Pic
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant