Clinton delighted to see Victoria Memorial exhibits
Clinton saw various 19th century exhibits like arms, manuscripts, documents and paintings.
Kolkata: US secretary of state Hillary Clinton on Sunday visited Victoria Memorial, the grand edifice of the British Raj here, and was delighted to see some exhibits.
"It has been a treat for me. I am delighted with these exhibits," she said after her 15-minute visit to some of the galleries.
Victoria Memorial's secretary and curator Swapan Kumar Chakravorty, who escorted Clinton, toldthat Clinton saw a painting exhibition by Gaganendranath Tagore and some photographs of 19th century Kolkata by Madame Eatwell at the entrance hall.
Chakravorty said she entered the Queen's Hall and evinced keen interest in Charles d' Oyly's "Views of Calcutta and its environment".
Clinton also saw various 19th century exhibits like arms, manuscripts, documents and paintings.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology