Clinton wishes 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' to Bengalis
Clinton said it is an opportunity to honour the rich history of Bengali culture.
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wished Bengalis across the globe a 'Happy New Year' with the traditional Bengali greeting "Shubho Nobo Borsho!"
In a message to the Bengali community on the occasion of "Poila Boishakh", the Bengali New Year, Clinton said: "Shubho Nobo Borsho! As you celebrate this special day, know that the United States stands with all Bengalis everywhere as we work for a more peaceful and prosperous future."
"On behalf of President (Barack) Obama and the people of the United States, I send my best wishes to all Bengali-speaking people around the world as you celebrate Poila Boishakh in the coming days. I wish all Bengalis prosperity and happiness in this New Year of promise and possibility," Clinton said.
Clinton said it is an opportunity to honour the rich history of Bengali culture with music, drama and traditional foods. She believed Bengali artists, scientists, politicians and entrepreneurs have positively influenced American culture.
"Bengali-Americans will join their fellow Bengali family and friends to celebrate the many accomplishments of the Bengali people," she added.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple