DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Clinton wishes 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' to Bengalis
Clinton said it is an opportunity to honour the rich history of Bengali culture.
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wished Bengalis across the globe a 'Happy New Year' with the traditional Bengali greeting "Shubho Nobo Borsho!"
In a message to the Bengali community on the occasion of "Poila Boishakh", the Bengali New Year, Clinton said: "Shubho Nobo Borsho! As you celebrate this special day, know that the United States stands with all Bengalis everywhere as we work for a more peaceful and prosperous future."
"On behalf of President (Barack) Obama and the people of the United States, I send my best wishes to all Bengali-speaking people around the world as you celebrate Poila Boishakh in the coming days. I wish all Bengalis prosperity and happiness in this New Year of promise and possibility," Clinton said.
Clinton said it is an opportunity to honour the rich history of Bengali culture with music, drama and traditional foods. She believed Bengali artists, scientists, politicians and entrepreneurs have positively influenced American culture.
"Bengali-Americans will join their fellow Bengali family and friends to celebrate the many accomplishments of the Bengali people," she added.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise