CM asks for nod to export surplus rice
HYDERABAD: Chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has again urged the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to permit export of 15 lakh metric..
HYDERABAD: Chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has again urged the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to permit export of 15 lakh metric tonnes of boiled rice and 10 lakh metric tonnes of non-basmati rice from the state to other countries through normal trade channels.
He wanted the Centre to take a decision immediately to ensure the rice held by millers is liquidated and thus enable them to purchase paddy paying the remunerative price of farmers.
Addressing another letter, the chief minister said there was a quantum jump in production of paddy from 164 lakh MT in 2009-10 to 225 lakh MT in 2010-11. But due to godown space constraints, the Food Corporation of India could not receive the extra paddy offered by rice millers, who are currently holding huge stocks.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology