DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi gangrape protests: CNN-IBN's 7-point agenda for govt
CNN-IBN is making an effort doing its bit to appeal for calm and offers a few suggestions to the government.
New Delhi: The outrage and anger of among anti-rape protesters is refusing to die down. Protesters said they were not satisfied with assurances given by Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Protesters say they want concrete action on ground. CNN-IBN is making an effort doing its bit to appeal for calm and offers a few suggestions which the government could take up.
Here's a list of seven things the government can do:
1. Begin trial of the accused within a week
2. Set up fast track courts in every state within 3 months
3. Improve system for registering FIRs in crimes against women
4. Ensure certainty of punishment in rape laws
5. Make gender sensitivity classes compulsory in all schools
6. CCTV cameras should be installed in all public transport vehicles
7. PM reaches out to the protesters and announce the above measures
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users