Coal scam: CBI registers fresh case against Jharkhand firm
The CBI carried out searches in five cities after registering a fresh case against Jharkhand Ispat Private Limited.
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday carried out searches in five cities after registering a fresh case against Jharkhand Ispat Private Limited for alleged irregularities in the allotment of coal blocks. CBI sources said that Jharkhand Ispat Private Limited, a company of RC Rungta Group, was allotted North Dhadu coal block on January 13, 2006 for its sponge iron plant.
They said the agency detected several irregularities in the allotment after which a case was filed against it and unknown public officials. The sources said details of the FIR could not be revealed as searches were still going on at Varanasi, Hazaribagh, Kolkata, Ranchi and Delhi.
An email sent to the company seeking reaction remained unanswered. CBI has so far registered 10 FIRs, including this one, in connection with the coal scam.
The agency had earlier also booked some companies for alleged cheating, forgery and misrepresentation of facts in their applications for coal blocks.
Recommended For You
- Sheer Hardwork That Brought Dravid Close to Tendulkar, Says Laxman
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'