DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Coal scam: CBI registers fresh case against Jharkhand firm
The CBI carried out searches in five cities after registering a fresh case against Jharkhand Ispat Private Limited.
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday carried out searches in five cities after registering a fresh case against Jharkhand Ispat Private Limited for alleged irregularities in the allotment of coal blocks. CBI sources said that Jharkhand Ispat Private Limited, a company of RC Rungta Group, was allotted North Dhadu coal block on January 13, 2006 for its sponge iron plant.
They said the agency detected several irregularities in the allotment after which a case was filed against it and unknown public officials. The sources said details of the FIR could not be revealed as searches were still going on at Varanasi, Hazaribagh, Kolkata, Ranchi and Delhi.
An email sent to the company seeking reaction remained unanswered. CBI has so far registered 10 FIRs, including this one, in connection with the coal scam.
The agency had earlier also booked some companies for alleged cheating, forgery and misrepresentation of facts in their applications for coal blocks.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish