Coast Guard Comes to the Rescue of Stricken Ship off Lankan Coast
The Sri Lankan government requested the assistance of the Indian Coast Guard following a fire onboard a container carrier MV MAC Daniella close the country’s coast.
New Delhi: The Sri Lankan government requested the assistance of the Indian Coast Guard following a fire onboard a container carrier MV MAC Daniella close the country’s coast.
The merchant ship was on passage from Singapore to Suez Canal when a fire broke out about 32 nautical miles west of Colombo.
ICGS Shoor, which was on a friendly visit to Sri Lanka, sailed out to assist the stricken ship. The ship has been in the area since 11 PM on Tuesday and engaged in firefighting onboard the Daniella.
The fire was finally put out by 1:45 AM on Wednesday with the assistance the ICGS Shoor.
Recommended For You
- All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift First Drive Review: Everything Done Right
- Australian Open: Chung Hyeon Stuns Djokovic to Enter Quarter-finals
- Priyanka Chopra Has An Adorable Message For Malayalam Actress Bhavana On Her Wedding
- Urvashi Rautela Trolled For Sporting A Bold Black Outfit At Filmfare Awards 2018
- Scuba Diving in Puducherry: An Experience to Withhold!