Mumbai: Vessel with banned satellite phones intercepted
The Coast Guard took the vessel into custody after it allegedly intercepted calls made through the banned Thuraya satellite phones.
Mumbai: The Coast Guard on Thursday took into custody a suspicious vessel, MSV Yusufi, after it allegedly intercepted calls made through the banned Thuraya satellite phones. The Coast Guard took into its custody five people who were on board the ship that came from Dubai on Tuesday.
The five men aboard the vessel were handed over to the Mumbai Police later on.
Thuraya phones, apart from being frequently used by militants in Jammu and Kashmir, were also used by the 26/11 terrorists. The phone is banned in India and its waters.
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams