Mumbai: Vessel with banned satellite phones intercepted
The Coast Guard took the vessel into custody after it allegedly intercepted calls made through the banned Thuraya satellite phones.
Mumbai: The Coast Guard on Thursday took into custody a suspicious vessel, MSV Yusufi, after it allegedly intercepted calls made through the banned Thuraya satellite phones. The Coast Guard took into its custody five people who were on board the ship that came from Dubai on Tuesday.
The five men aboard the vessel were handed over to the Mumbai Police later on.
Thuraya phones, apart from being frequently used by militants in Jammu and Kashmir, were also used by the 26/11 terrorists. The phone is banned in India and its waters.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System