DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai: Vessel with banned satellite phones intercepted
The Coast Guard took the vessel into custody after it allegedly intercepted calls made through the banned Thuraya satellite phones.
Mumbai: The Coast Guard on Thursday took into custody a suspicious vessel, MSV Yusufi, after it allegedly intercepted calls made through the banned Thuraya satellite phones. The Coast Guard took into its custody five people who were on board the ship that came from Dubai on Tuesday.
The five men aboard the vessel were handed over to the Mumbai Police later on.
Thuraya phones, apart from being frequently used by militants in Jammu and Kashmir, were also used by the 26/11 terrorists. The phone is banned in India and its waters.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances