Coca Cola's secret recipe 'exposed'
A website claims to have uncovered the soft drink's top secret recipe.
London: The ingredients of Coca Cola have always been a mystery. Now, a website claims to have uncovered the soft drink's top secret recipe which is said to be guarded 24 hours a day in a vault in Atlanta, Georgia.
'Thisamericanlife.org' claims to have discovered a list in a photograph in a newspaper article giving the secret ingredients and exact quantities to make the drink which was founded by John Pemberton, a medicinal pharmacist in 1886.
The February 8, 1979, edition of the 'Atlanta Journal-Constitution' has a photo of someone holding open a book with a recipe claimed to be an exact replica of Pemberton's, 'The Daily Telegraph' reported.
The recipe reportedly contains the exact measures of all the different oils needed for Coca Cola's secret ingredient, Merchandise 7X. Despite making up only one per cent of the drink's total formula, Merchandise 7X is though to give the popular soft drink its unique taste.
The secret recipe includes fluid extract of Coca 3 drams USP; citric acid 3 oz; caffeine 1oz; sugar 30 (it is unclear from the markings what quantity is required); water 2.5 gal; lime juice 2 pints 1 qrt; vanilla 1oz; and caramel
1.5oz or more to colour 7X flavour.
The recipe also includes alcohol 8oz; orange oil 20 drops; lemon oil 30 drops; nutmeg oil 10 drops; coriander 5 drops; neroli 10 drops; and cinnamon 10 drops.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy