DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Coimbatore: Minor buried alive under ration sacks
A bag got dislodged and the boy fell down and was caught under the bags crashing down, police said.
Coimbatore: A seven-year-old boy died on Saturday when some bags of ration articles fell on him at nearby Tirupur, police said. The boy had gone with his mother to the shop at Veethikadai and reportedly climbed on the bags and was playing.
A bag got dislodged and the boy fell down and was caught under the bags crashing down, police said. The boy died on the spot, sources said.
Expressing grief over the boy's death, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced Rs one lakh as solatium to the bereaved family.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan