Coimbatore: Minor buried alive under ration sacks
A bag got dislodged and the boy fell down and was caught under the bags crashing down, police said.
Coimbatore: A seven-year-old boy died on Saturday when some bags of ration articles fell on him at nearby Tirupur, police said. The boy had gone with his mother to the shop at Veethikadai and reportedly climbed on the bags and was playing.
A bag got dislodged and the boy fell down and was caught under the bags crashing down, police said. The boy died on the spot, sources said.
Expressing grief over the boy's death, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced Rs one lakh as solatium to the bereaved family.
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now