Coimbatore: Minor buried alive under ration sacks
A bag got dislodged and the boy fell down and was caught under the bags crashing down, police said.
Coimbatore: A seven-year-old boy died on Saturday when some bags of ration articles fell on him at nearby Tirupur, police said. The boy had gone with his mother to the shop at Veethikadai and reportedly climbed on the bags and was playing.
A bag got dislodged and the boy fell down and was caught under the bags crashing down, police said. The boy died on the spot, sources said.
Expressing grief over the boy's death, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa announced Rs one lakh as solatium to the bereaved family.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game