Cold wave sweeps Uttar Pradesh, 114 deaths reported
According to the weather department temperature is expected to drop by a couple of degrees again.
Lucknow: The biting cold wave sweeping through Uttar Pradesh has claimed the life of more than people in the last 24 hours. The minimum temperature dropped below zero degree in Lucknow and was recorded at 0.2 degree Celsius at 8.30 am on Tuesday.
On Monday the minimum temperature in Lucknow was 1.5 degree Celsius and the maximum temperature was 9.4 degree Celsius. Muzaffarnagar was the coldest place in the state the temperature fell below the freezing point and was recorded at 0.7 degree Celsius. Apart from Lucknow, Agra, Nazibabad, Aligarh, the entire Purvanchal is freezing because of the cold wave.
If Lucknow was shivering at 0.2 degrees Celsius, Agra was freezing at 0.6 degrees, in Nazibabad it was 1 degree, Aligarh 1.4 degree and Lakhimpur Khiri recorded 1.6 degree Celsius. The city of Taj Mahal was also the coldest place in the state on Tuesday.
In Gorakhpur the minimum temperature went down to 6.1 degree Celsius, Varanasi 3.9 while the BHU area recorded 4.2 and Gazipur was at 2 degree Celsius.
According to the weather department temperature is expected to drop by a couple of degrees again and the cold wave will continue, but the situation will improve gradually from next week.
Eastern Uttar Pradesh might see sunny weather in some places. According to news agencies, 48 people have died in Purvanchal due to cold. While 29 persons died in Bundelkhand and Central UP, 12 deaths were reported from Awadh region and 16 from Meerut and nine people died in Allahabad region.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- 9.33 pc MMMTC stake sale today, 9.33 per cent shares to be sold off
- EGoM to meet today to decide 9.33 pc MMTC stake sale