Combing ops lined up ahead of Amarnath Yatra
Intelligence reports indicate presence of terrorists in Samba's forested areas.
Samba (Jammu and Kashmir): Taking intelligence reports about the presence of terrorists in forested areas in the Samba belt seriously amidst apprehension of recent infiltration by ultras, a senior army commander on Sunday said that joint combing operations would be launched in the entire belt to sanitise the area ahead of the Amarnath Yatra.
"We have intelligence reports that terrorists are present in forest area in Samba-Jammu belt, where some armed infiltrators have managed to enter. Army, police and BSF would launch joint operations soon ahead of the yatra," General Officer Commanding 9-Corps, Lt. Gen Vinay Sharma told reporters.
Flanked by Jammu zone Inspector General of Police K Rajendra, IGP BSF A K Sarpoli, Gen Sharma said that these operations are necessitated in view of Sunday's shootout Between terrorists and security forces.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century