Combing ops lined up ahead of Amarnath Yatra
Intelligence reports indicate presence of terrorists in Samba's forested areas.
Samba (Jammu and Kashmir): Taking intelligence reports about the presence of terrorists in forested areas in the Samba belt seriously amidst apprehension of recent infiltration by ultras, a senior army commander on Sunday said that joint combing operations would be launched in the entire belt to sanitise the area ahead of the Amarnath Yatra.
"We have intelligence reports that terrorists are present in forest area in Samba-Jammu belt, where some armed infiltrators have managed to enter. Army, police and BSF would launch joint operations soon ahead of the yatra," General Officer Commanding 9-Corps, Lt. Gen Vinay Sharma told reporters.
Flanked by Jammu zone Inspector General of Police K Rajendra, IGP BSF A K Sarpoli, Gen Sharma said that these operations are necessitated in view of Sunday's shootout Between terrorists and security forces.
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor